Use the media creation tool to download Windows. This tool provides the best download experience for customers running Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
Here are a few useful guides we’ve written to guide you in the process of reinstalling Windows, all of these use the Media Creation Tool for different purposes:
This tool includes:
- File formats optimized for download speed.
- Built in media creation options for USBs and DVDs.
- Optional conversion to ISO file format.
Using the tool to upgrade this PC to Windows 10
- You have a license to install Windows 10 and are upgrading this PC from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- You need to reinstall Windows 10 on a PC you’ve already successfully activated Windows 10.
This table will help you decide which edition of Windows 10 you’ll choose:
|Your current edition of Windows||Windows 10 edition|
|Windows 7 Starter
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 8.1 with Bing
Windows 10 Home
|Windows 10 Home|
|Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 8 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows 8/8.1 Professional with Media Center
Windows 10 Pro
|Windows 10 Pro|
|Windows 8/8.1 Single Language
Windows 8 Single Language with Bing
|Windows 10 Home Single Language|
|Windows 8/8.1 Chinese Language Edition
Windows 8 Chinese Language Edition with Bing
|Windows 10 Home China|
|Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home|
|Windows 10 Pro||Windows 10 Pro|