Give your WiFi a boost with Netgear extender setup WN1000RP and stay connected with your tablets and smartphones 24×7 without any interruption or buffering in watching online TV shows and movies as you move around your home. So, lower your monthly internet bills by using better WiFi instead of your monthly mobile data plans. It’s actually easy.
Go Ahead > Move Around With Same WiFi Signal
Smart Netgear WiFi range extender for mobile devices extends your existing WiFi network to places that are mentioned as dead zones. As a matter of fact, it’s ideal for adding additional connectivity to your tablet or smartphone. Just plug WN1000RP into an electrical outlet and give your WiFi dead zone a new birth.
- Boost your existing WiFi range.
- Improves the internet connectivity for your smartphones, iPads, iPhones, tablets, and more.
- Helps in eliminating blind spots.
- Reduces 3G/4G mobile data usage as well.
- Compatible with your existing WiFi-enabled equipment.
- Easy and quick Netgear new extender setup and installation.
How to Install Netgear WN1000RP WiFi Booster
Netgear WN1000RP is a signal booster/wireless repeater that is used to perk up the coverage of your existing WiFi network. This smart device in today’s modern technological era helps in eliminate dead zones and blind spots and will works easily with your existing WiFi-enabled smart devices.
There are 2 easy ways to install your Netgear WN1000RP booster. You can use the WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) method or the web-browser setup guide.
Note: It is advised that you put your WN1000RP and your existing WiFi router in the same room to avoid wireless interference. Your devices (router and WN1000RP) can be moved to their required locations once the mywifiext Netgear setup is completed successfully.
Note: Check with your router manufacturer/documentation to ensure that it is WPS capable. If it is not, then please use the web-browser setup method.
- Plug your WN1000RP into an electrical outlet.
- Turn it on by pushing the Power On/Off button.
- Wait for the Status LED on it to illuminate green.
- After that, push the WPS button on your WN1000RP.
- Within 2-3 minutes, push the WPS button on your WiFi router as well.
- Once the connection between the main wireless router and WN1000RP is established, Link Rate will become solid green.
Once your wireless device is connected to the WN1000RP successfully, the WiFi Device to Booster light will turn on.
Web-Browser Setup Method
Once your WiFi booster is powered on and the Status LED light is solid green, then it is recommended use a wireless network manager on your computer or laptop to find and connect to the WN1000RP wireless network i.e. Netgear_Ext.
Tip: You can make use wireless network manager utility (any) on a laptop, tablet, computer or smartphone to find and connect to your signal booster WIFi network (SSID).
Once the connection with your wireless device is established successfully, the WiFi Device to Booster LED light turns solid green.
Connect the WN1000RP WiFi Booster to your existing WiFi network.
Open a browser window from the connected device, and the browser will take automatically redirect you to the on-screen setup guide.
Note: Without any issue, you can always access your booster settings by visiting mywifiext or mywifiext.net. If you are facing mywifiext not working issue then you can also use 192.168.1.250 for mywifiext Netgear login.
- Select your existing wireless router SSID and click on Continue.
- Type in the passphrase/network key/passcode/password and click on Continue.
- Type in your Netgear extender settings. You can change the SSID (network name) and wireless password or use the same security settings as well of the existing WiFi network. Once done, click on Continue.
- The extender will automatically apply the settings.
Congratulations! The settings have been successfully applied. You can connect your WiFi devices to the newly created secure wireless network.
- As soon as your wireless devices are connected successfully, please select ‘My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network’ option and click on Continue.
- Finally, click on Finish and access the internet without any issue.
Note: If you wish to make changes after using the web-browser setup guide, then use an internet browser and go to mywifiext setup page.
- For Windows computer/ PC use mywifiext net web address.
- Mywifiextnet local or mywifiext local is the web URL meant for your iOS, iPhones, and Apple devices.