Google Chrome is a fast, free web browser. Before you download, you can check if Chrome supports your operating system and you have all the other system requirements.
Install Chrome on Windows
- Download the installation file.
- If prompted, click Run or Save.
- If you chose Save, double-click the download to start installing.
- Start Chrome:
- Windows 7: A Chrome window opens once everything is done.
- Windows 8 & 8.1: A welcome dialog appears. Click Next to select your default browser.
- Windows 10: A Chrome window opens after everything is done. You can make Chrome your default browser.
If you’ve used a different browser, like Internet Explorer or Safari, you can import your settings into Chrome.
If you can’t download apps outside of the Microsoft store, your computer may be in S Mode. Learn how to install Chrome.