There are many people use the Kingston flash drive to save business documents, personal data, and backup files, the reason of the Kingston pen drive is world-famous. But facing Kingston pen drive could corrupt is arguably the most frustrating error on Windows.
If you got the Kingston pen drive is corrupted on windows 10, there is no need to surprised as almost every windows user has probably got this error once or more times, That is, this error is fairly common for windows users. the most frustrating of sometimes, without leaving any time to chance to transfer the important files. So there are solutions to help you recover lost data and tell you how to fix corrupted Kingston pen drive from MiniTool. That post would help you recover lost data and tell you how to fix corrupted Kingston pen drive.
Tere are many causes of pen drive failure, like as NAND memory wear, USB driver issues, Broken USB connector, Virus attack, Program/OS crash, Insufficient/unstable power supply, and Physical damage.
After knowing causes for corruption on a Kingston pen drive, next let’s talk about how to recover data and fix the corruption.
How to Recover Data from Pen Drive for Free
Before fixing corruption on a Kingston pen drive , you’d better recover data from pen drive, you need to get a powerful and reliable recovery tool. I highly recommend MiniTool Power Data Recovery which enjoys high reputation among millions of users avoid data loss.
Please notes: Please stop using the pen drive immediately and create new data once accidentally delete the file or find some data disappear unexpectedly from the pen drive avoid to prevent data overwritten.
Step 1: Connect the pen drive into one of the USB port on PC until recognized it successfully, then launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free, which will list all the drives and partitions it recognizes in the software main interface.
Step 2:There are two ways to find the target pen drive, one of Click Removable Disk Drive to find the connected pen drive, other one of click This PC to find the pen drive partition. Right click Scan button after find the pen drive. It will list all recoverable files in the scan result window after scan complete.
Step 3:After the scan is completed, there are noticed from the list to find the needed or lost files, and click Save button to specify a new destination folder to store the lost/deleted pen drive files.
After recover lost or deleted files from pen drive. There are 6 solutions to fix the corrupted pen drive.
Fix Corrupted Kinston Pen Drive
First of all, It make sure the Kingston flash drive is showing up on your computer.
- If the Kingston pen drive is not detected on Windows Explorer, you should open Windows Disk Management to have a look. If it appear in Disk Management, the problem is probably caused by missing drive letter or drive letter conflict. Therefore, you should check Change Drive Letter and Paths; also, you can also make use of the Change Drive Letter function of MiniTool Partition Wizard.
- If you still can’t see the pen drive on Disk Management, then, there are some physical problems of the pen drive(also includes computer settings are not correct and USB port or data cable is broken), you’d better to reset the computer or Plug the USB drive into another USB port, if it still does not work, then buying a new one has to be executed.
- There’s an uncommon reason for Kingston pen drive not showing up – the entire disk turns into unallocated space. At this time, you should right click on the unallocated space and choose New Simple Volume to create a new partition on it.
- If the Kingston pen drive of the driver are damaged/corrupted, it also can’t be detected by PC, so it should be update all the driver to latest version.
- If the Kingston pen drive can be recognized before you have make changes to your computer recently, you should uninstall recently installed software & hardware for revert the changes and try again.
- If you received the error of the disk is write-protected，It also lose access to your Kingston pen drive data. It appears when you are opening both the drive and a certain folder. There is a good way to secure your data documents, folders, and drives of the write protection by using physical mechanism. No one add, delete, or modify the files under protection if you didn’t
All in all, that is how you can recover lost or deleted files and fix pen drive is corrupted. If you tried other solutions that help you solve this problem, we would be very glad if you shared that experience with us.