Migraine is a very common ailment in people. The intensity of the headache may vary from person to person. For some, it is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine can result due to many reasons such as hormonal changes, lack of sleep, certain types of food, drinks, and medicines and high level of stress. Migraines can last for years or can be lifelong. There is no permanent cure to migraines but medicines like tramadol for migraine relief can lessen the severity of a migraine attack. We list below five home remedies that help to reduce migraines.
- Provide cooling treatment- if you have a migraine put an ice pack on your scalp, forehead or neck. Doing this every alternate 15 minutes helps reduce the migraine. This reduces the flow of blood and cools the blood flowing to the arteries of the neck, which helps to minimize the inflammation in the brain and provide relief. Ice cubes wrapped in a towel, frozen peas or gel packs can be used too. Taking a cold shower can also reduce the headache.
- Over the counter medicines-, you can buy painkillers like acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen or tramadol for migraine relief without needing a medical prescription. A combination of pain relievers can also be used to treat migraines. However, prior to taking these medicines, it is important to know the tramadol medicine side effects so that you do not get paranoid if you happen to suffer from any of these, by chance.
- Caffeine- Caffeine, which is present in coffee and other food and drinks, helps the body absorb the migraine medicine quickly into the body and give you faster relief. Before a migraine, blood vessels tend to become big but caffeine contains ‘vasoconstrictive’ properties that narrow down the blood vessels and contain the blood flow, which can help in reducing the migraine pain.
- A dark and peaceful room- a great way of coping up with a migraine is to find yourself space away from the common din and loud noise. Loud noise and bright lights will make matters worse for a migraine-afflicted person. Withdrawing yourself into a dark and quiet room will soothe your mind, speed the recovery process and help you feel better.
- Exercise- migraines can also result due to stress. A great way of combating stress is to do regular exercises and workouts. Exercises release the feel-good chemical endorphins, which reduces stress and makes your mood a happy one. It will enable you to have a proper sleep in the night and to fight pin.it is to be noted that you should not exercise when you are suffering from migraines, as it will increase the pain even more. Join a fitness or health club to keep yourself fit, flexible, strong and stress-free to prevent yourself from migraine attacks in the future.
We hope the above home remedies, which are easy and cost-effective, will help you combat migraine effectively.